Monday, July 5, 2010

Coffee Lovers Welcome...


Where to begin? So many exciting things have happened already. We arrived safely on Saturday after a very long day of traveling which consisted of two flights and a very long, very windy bus ride up the mountain. Sunday morning we hiked in the Monteverde Cloud Forest, where you literally walk through the clouds. Our guide, Oscar, gave the tour in Spanish which proved to be quite challenging. After our descent from the mountain, we visited at a hummingbird (colibrí) viewing area. There were colibríos everywhere! (Mimi- you would have LOVED it) They were all different colors and sizes, and not scared of visitors!
The food and COFFEE is fantastic. Rice with every meal, no exceptions. The plantains are my favorite food, so far.
And probably my favorite adventure thus far was milking the cow this morning. I guess I was a natural cow milker! Maybe I should take up dairy farming as a hobby? After the milking, I asked Don Ortuñel "Puedo venir a nuevo para ayuda?" Which means, "Can I come back another time to help?"

Later today we are visiting "Finca la Bella" (Beautiful Farm). Life is good. Pura vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment