Friday, July 16, 2010

A New Place

After a 6 1/2 hour bus trip, we finally made it to Turrialba, Costa Rica (our weekend vacation). This afternoon we explored the city and found some great local food for dinner. I've had my full share of plantains today! I can't get enough of those things. I said goodbye to my homestay family this morning, I will miss living with them and learning Spanish.
My legs are completely covered in horrific bug bites, I've am surviving on Benydryl right now. Tomorrow we are going to the market for a communication practice. I've found that I'm more willing to speak Spanish to locals now that I've practiced. My first day in Costa Rica, I could barely order my food because I was so scared of messing up the language.
My professor's daughter is here with us, and we are celebrating her quincienera tomorrow night with her HUGE family. 36 first cousins alone!

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment